Wednesday 13 March 2013

Assignment 4 Applying lighting techniques final revisions

For this assignment I need to use the lighting techniques that I have learned and using one subject ( I have chosen the bump of a pregnant lady ) produce 8 photos that demonstrate the qualities of

Shape
Form
Texture
Colour

SHAPE

In this first picture of shape I have used lighting to light the white background in contrast to the  silhouette outline of the shape.


SHAPE 2

For this second picture of shape I backlit the subject with natural light  positioning my model inside a doorway looking out and spot metered on the subject



FORM

With my photos of form I wanted to show as much dimension as possible and have archived this in this first picture by positioning the light onto the centre of the bump and using the mothers hands at the top and bottom of the bump to help emphasise this


For the second picture of form I angled the model round more towards the camera and the model placed her hands under the bump with her partner standing behind placing his hand onto the side of the bump, I softened the lighting using  a soft box and feathered it to cover the front of the bump to show depth.


TEXTURE
For this picture of texture I was using a 50mm lens and it shows the butterfly tattoo to the side with the
texture of the skin around it although I would have worked better if I had of had a macro lens to use.


My second picture of texture is more abstract with the bump but shows the texture moving outward from the belly button.




COLOUR
For the first colour picture I used high key light for the white background with a large softbox giving even light onto the model and bump for the skin colour to stand out.


 The second colour photo I have taken as a close up with the models hands around her belly button this shows the different skin tones from her hands and nails to her bump



No comments:

Post a Comment