Wednesday 11 July 2012

Exercise 22 Control the strength of a colour

In the course notes I have been looking at what makes a colour that is the hue saturation and brightness.
Hue is the essential quality that decides how we name a colour.
Saturation is the strength of the colour.
Brightness light through to dark.
For this exercise I had to take 5 photos at different exposures this resulted with the photos ranging from
being under (darker) to over (lighter) exposed. I had shot the photos in raw and made no adjustments when editing them.
I found this exercise interesting as I had always thought of using the aperture to control depth of field and not the colour.
Here are my 5 photos, I like the stronger colour that is produced by the darker and more saturated under exposure, these pictures are straight out of the camera. I would normally tweak the colours up a bit in either levels or curves. I think that the over exposure can also work well to give a light hazy shot into the sun



f7.1

f6.3
This is my favourite of the 5 photos as I like the stronger depth to the colours
without going too dark




f5.6
This is the photo that closest resembles the actual  colour of the flowers


f5.0

f4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment