Friday 14 June 2013

Assignment 1 Evaluation



When I started this course and assignment one I found it very different from anything I had done before which took me a lot of time to adapt to. Looking back on it I think i was defiantly over eager to get out and take photos without the proper planning and research the assignment needed.

The feedback from my tutor suggested some photographers for me to research, which I found to be really helpful. I looked at the work of Alexander Rodchenco (Blog Reference - April 12), I love his abstract photography and his use of liner curves and angles. The other photographer suggested to me by my tutor was Laszlo Moholy-nagy (Blog Reference - April 12), I found his photos to be so modern and minimalist for its time, he uses curves and light to great effect. Unfortunately I had not heard of the 2 photographers suggested by my tutor before and looking into a little bit of art history has opened my eyes to some great photographers and ideas.

My tutor also suggested changing the style of my learning log giving me a couple of examples to view for ideas, this was useful as I had not done a log before and was struggling as how best to go about setting it out. I also find it hard to express myself within the log so will be doing by best to improve on this within future assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment