Sunday 11 March 2012

Exercise 8. A sequence of composition.

I did this exercise twice, and have found it the hardest one so far! I started of in a market, I took my 70mm to 300mm lens. This was so I could stand back a bit and zoom into the scene.
Having done nothing like this before, I felt really anxious of what people would say if they saw me taking pictures of them.
I ended up taking a few pictures, then moving quickly away, I ended up with lots of short sequences that did not work together.
I decided to try again, I went to Hunstanton seafront, it was a Sunday morning where lots of bikers usually gather. I felt much more comfortable in this environment as I could capture pictures of the bikes into my sequence and it did not look like I was imposing myself onto random people.
In hindsight I think that had I used a small point and shoot camera I would of been less noticeable and would of felt more at ease in different environments.
Here is my sequence of pictures.

This is a picture of the first couple of bikers I saw.
I then followed them down to include their bikes in the picture.
In this picture I have cropped in to a biker inspecting his bike.
Has the biker stood up with his back to me, I got this picture with a nice out of focus background of the sea.
As the biker bent down again this enabled me to focus on the background and not the biker.
Moving past the biker two other bikes were getting ready to ride of.
I moved slightly further in to get the first of the bikers as he was about to ride of.
I moved over to my right and a gentleman with a red coat in the previous frame caught my attention.
By moving slightly I like the angle of the bikes.
The background is the same but in this picture another biker is driving off.
In this shot I moved up the row of bikes.
Further down the end of the row of bikes I snapped a couple standing looking at the sea.
In this picture we have the same couple a row of bikes at a lower angle and two children coming into the shot.
Here I have moved to get the lower part of the bikes with the four wheels leading into the couple.
I moved further round to my right and caught a photographer to the right of my shot.
The photographer continued taking photos as a couple looked on this time he was in the left hand side of my shot.
Two more bikes arrived and the photographer prepares to shoot them
In this photo the photographer is in the middle of the shot reviewing his images.
In this shot I moved back to get a wider angle of the bikes.
In this shot it shows the woman in the previous image who was centre frame now in the left of the frame.
In this shot I have moved further back still providing a wider angle.
For my last shot I moved again to get as many bikes as possible in the frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment